How to Get Started as a Notary and Loan Signing Agent 2023
Being a Notary public and Loan Signing Agent can be a lucrative and rewarding career.
So today let's discuss both titles and the process of how to get started in 2023.
First I want to acknowledge, Notaries and Loan Signing Agents can be perceived as a lot alike, but they are different.
A Notary or a Notary Public is a person that is commissioned through their state to witness the signature of another person and stamp it with their notary stamp and charge rates per signature.
Loan Signing Agent is a Notary, but they handle documents within the real estate or mortgage industry. They notarized specific documents within a package, but they also understand the documents and the terms and can walk a borrower through their loan package.
Now that that's is all cleared up, let's talk about how to get started in business once you've decided which route you would like to take.
- Visit your Secretary of State website to read the requirements to becoming a Notary
- Visit The National Notary Website then read the national requirements and click get started to start the official Notary application process
- Apply for your commission
- Take any necessary exams (not require for all states)
- Complete a background check
- Purchase an E&O Insurance policy (Errors and Omissions)
- Complete Eighth Notary Essentials training
If you complete those steps - Congratulations you're now a Notary Public!
If you would like more in depth information about the process please check out my latest video How to Get Started as a Notary and Loan Signing Agent in 2023 on Youtube where I explain the process step by step and give you more details regarding prices and timelines.
If you're interested in having more guided information and want to have a trusted community to help you on your journey be sure to visit The Notary Academy and join to meet people just like you to learn how to create a successful Notary Business for just $1 USD/month OR enroll in The Notary Academy + Mentorship for exclusive access to more tailored information, strategies and hands on mentoring by Amber directly priced at $31 USD/month.